Functional Capacity Evaluation
A Functional Capacity / Work Capacity Evaluation evaluates an individual’s ability to perform work activities post injury or illness. It documents the patient’s current ability from physical, medical, behavioral, and ergonomic perspectives.
- Identify the ability of an individual to safely return to work at full, modified, or transitional duty.
- Determine a patient’s strength for material handling as well as their tolerance to non-material activities such as sitting, walking, bending, etc.
- Pinpoint discrepancies between symptoms and objective findings
- Discover whether further medical evaluation or intervention is necessary.
- Determine if there is a need for therapy or change in current therapy or direction